What should I know about my pickup?
Do you want to make your shipment a complete door to door experience? If so, simply schedule a pickup and you will be on your way!
Found in this article
How does doorstep pickup work
If you have selected a support plan with luggage pickup or have opted to upgrade after booking, you are responsible for ensuring your luggage is prepared for the carrier. Here are a few pointers to keep in mind as your prepare for your pickup:
- Securely attach your shipping labels to your luggage - Be sure to insert a copy of your shipping label inside as well
- If you live in a gated community or a building with a security/gate code please provide it to LugLess.
- Leave your luggage by your front door, with a doorman, at the concierge desk, etc.
- If you are going to be home, you can leave your luggage inside! You may want to leave a note on your door to indicate any requests such as "Ring Doorbell for Pickup"
- Have your luggage ready throughout the entire pickup window (9AM - 7PM)
Not able to have your luggage ready throughout the entire pickup window? You may want to drop your luggage off at a staffed carrier location instead!
How to schedule a pickup (if you don't have one)
If you selected our Premium support plan during booking, we will automatically schedule a doorstep pickup for your trip. However, you can opt to have your luggage picked up regardless of your support plan. Doorstep pickups can be scheduled directly through your LugLess account:
My Account > Trips > View Trip > Next Steps > I'd rather request a pickup
All pickups must be scheduled at least 24 hours prior to the requested date
Do I need to be home for pickup
You do NOT need to be present for pickup and most users simply leave their luggage with a doorman or in a safe location at their home.
The pickup time varies by day and location so please ensure your luggage is ready for pickup by 9AM. In most locations the pickup will take place between 10AM and 4PM. However, the carrier has an all day pickup window that lasts until 7PM.
Can my luggage be picked up from my apartment
Depending on the apartment building/complex, pickup locations can vary. If your complex has a concierge or leasing office that accepts your packages on your behalf, then you MUST leave your luggage there. If you have your packages delivered to your doorstep, then you should leave your luggage there.
Don't know where to leave your luggage for pickup? Leave it where you would receive an Amazon package!