How does billing work?
LugLess is affiliated with carriers including FedEx® and UPS® that will weigh and measure every package going through their networks. Since all carriers price based on both weight and size, we must as well. If the Dimensional Weight of your luggage is larger than its actual scale weight then the Dimensional weight will be used for the final billing calculations. We call this the Billable Weight.
Shipment Summary Charges
If the carrier adjusts a shipment then the user will be billed accordingly. The carrier can take up to a month to finalize billing adjustments. Adjustments will automatically be billed to the credit card on file and a detailed Shipment Summary Invoice will be emailed to the user. The following charges may be billed after a shipment is delivered:
Size and Weight
- Billable Weight Adjustment: low, prorated, per pound rate
- Large Package charge: up to $170 per bag
- Over Maximum Size or Maximum Weight surcharge: up to $1500 per bag
Address and Dates
- Residential delivery fee: $7 per bag
- Address Correction after bag shipped: $25 per bag
- Saturday drop off fee: $8 per bag
- Delivery Change after bag shipped: $25 per bag + Transit charges
- Future delivery date hold: $25 per bag
- Import Duties/Taxes: Varies based on import country and value of luggage
- Peak Surcharge: Varies as assessed by the carrier