How do I file an insurance claim?
In the rare event that you need to file a loss or damage claim, you should contact us immediately for assistance. If you purchased insurance coverage we will work with you to get your claim started. Once you open your claim, our insurance underwriter makes it quick and easy to receive reimbursement for any lost or damaged items. All you need to do is prove what was in your bag.
What is needed to file a claim?
- Claims must be filed within 30 days after the delivery date
- Retain all packaging as evidence of damage (if applicable)
- Pictures of damaged items (if applicable)
- Original receipts or proof of purchase required for full replacement value - Don't panic if you don't have original receipts! We recommend submitting website links to comparable items in such an instance.
- All requested documentation must be provided to the insurance underwriter within 21 days. Failure to provide such documentation will result in your claim being closed.
Please note that insurance typically only covers the contents of your luggage, and coverage is capped at $200 for the luggage itself if it was shipped naked (unboxed).
Take a picture of each bag and its contents before you ship it. On the off chance you need to file a claim down the road, having such pictures will help expedite this process!